Tuesday, February 19, 2008

NIU Shooting

School shootings are not that uncommon anymore and I am usually pretty numb to it. However this one is different to me for a variety of reasons. It is so close to home. I just graduated from NIU through their Professional MBA program in December. I'm even still on the student e-mail list, so I'm getting all the updates as if I'm on campus. Even one of the students that was killed used to attend a school that my wife services.

Some of it I account to being stressed out and I always get over emotional when I'm stressed. My road rage has gotten worse and I've got a lot of tension built up that needs to be released. Still I cannot imagine going on a shooting spree and then killing myself. If someone wants to kill themselves, why do they find it necessary to take out a bunch of innocent people with them? I doubt I will ever understand and I probably don't want to understand anyway.

No comments: